You must have held a driving licence for more than one year. For our high-end vehicles, a 3-or-7-years driving license id required.
You followed the acompanied driving training ? You can rent a van, an economic car or a compact car as soon as you get your driving license. In this case, you have to book directly in your Europcar branch and show your certificate of acompanied driving.
You must be at least 18 years old.
If you are under 25, you'll need to take out a "Young driver" insurance.
No. All you need is a simple B category driving licence to drive all our trucks.
Yes, you just need to take out the "additionnal driver" or "multi-drivers" insurance.
Just think to show all driving licenses the day of departure.
We have a large range of Utility vehicles: 2-seater Company Cars, Removal trucks, Dumper trucks, Fridge vans, Double and Triple-Cabs. With hatchback, tow gear or roof rack …
See utility range
The 22 m3 model with rear hatch lift is the ideal Removal vehicle. It comes equipped with an electrically operated lift at the back which is activated by a simple remote control to help load and move your furniture, electrical household goods and heavy loads. All you need to drive it is a simple light vehicle (LV) licence.
To make your removal easier, we recommend our "Removal kit" (Trolley, Crate, Straps and Covers) and Removal boxes. Remember to book it at the same time as your truck.
We have a large range of vehicles : From small 3-doors models to 9-seater people-movers, as well as a Prestige range and No Licence Cars.
As an optional extra, we offer the following equipment for hire:
- Booster seats and child seats, all officially approved and certified
- Portable sat navs, with touch screen and voice instructions
- Speed regulator
- Snow chains and specific tires
See all the tourism range of cars
Our website needs this information to calculate the most advantageous price for you.
Sometimes, the price will not include all the kms you asked for. Don't be surprised ! The total amount plus the extra kms still less expensive for you than the upper mileage.
An unlimited mileage is interesting only in case you make lots of kilometers (from 500 to 1000 kms/day). Compare if you want !
No problem ! Make the reservation creating the account with the driver's informations (not yours) and then, you pay the rental online with your own credit card.
The day of departure, the driver will have to show his own credit card for the deposit (not charged).
Yes, excepted American Express, Maestro and Electron cards.
Clic on Get Password.
Fill in your email and validate. You'll receive immediately an email to reset your password.
So easy ! Log yourself online and click on CURRENT BOOKINGS. You will see there all your next bookings. Then click on CANCEL or CHANGE and follow the instructions.
In case of a payment online :
The amount of the rental will be fully refunded if you cancel more than 24 hours before the rental is due to begin.
After that time, you will be charged of 50€ or 100€ (depending on the category of the vehicle). In case of non recovery of the vehicle on time, a no-show fee of 50€ or 100€ will be kept by Europcar Atlantique (depending on the category of the vehicle).
Reimbursement on the credit card used for the payment online.
In case of no prepayment :
Cancellation is free until the day of departure.
In case of non recovery of the vehicle on time, a no-show fee of 50€ or 100€ will be charged by Europcar Atlantique (depending on the category of the vehicle).
Yes, you can rent 24/24 in some agencies, paying an extra of 30€ or 90€ VAT (depending of the hour you asked for). A Europcar agent will open the agency for you.
This service can be booked directly online.
Just show us the driving licence of the driver or drivers concerned and a credit card with your own name (excepted American Express, Electron and Maestro cards).
If you booked online, we already have all your personal informations. Your contract is ready and the formalities are reduced.
Yes. A deposit will be asked you at the departure.
It is just a pre-payment authorisation.It will not be charged.
This deposit aims to cover any additional costs during the rental. Its amount is 300€.
Check the condition of the vehicle inside and out. If you notice any anomalies not stated in the "Vehicle condition" data sheet, report them to your branch before you leave.
Check that the tank is full.
Take a detailed inventory with a Europcar agent. Sign and hand in the "Vehicle condition" data sheet.
Return the vehicle's keys and any accessories (child seat, GPS, removal trolley, etc.).
You have nothing to pay, excepted if there are any supplements not foreseen at the booking (fuel, additional kilometers…).
Three options :
1. Prepay your refueling at the start of your car rental and gain precious time at the return of the vehicle. Whatever the level of the tank when returning the vehicle, you won't have anything to pay. This option called "Full Tank Option" will be proposed to you at the average public price charged by gas stations.
2. You go to a gas station before returning the vehicle. Remember to show us the receipt.
3. We top up with the missing fuel and charge you the price displayed in Europcar agency + an extra of 15.60€ for the service.
Yes, but you need to inform your us at the booking.
Please note ! It is always cheaper to return the vehicle at the same agency. Try to compare prices simulating an estimate online for a "One way" and a "Return journey”.
Yes, the service "return 24/24" is available in some agencies, paying an extra of 15€ VAT. In that case, you'll have to leave the keys in a secure box and a Europcar agent will come to take them out.
This service can be booked online.
You will get your invoice by email if your rental has already been payed (refuelling, extra kilometers...). Just ask for it at your agency.
If not, you will receive it by mail under 72 hours with your credit card receipt.
You must inform your agency immediately.
In the glove compartment of your vehicle, you will find a car accident report form. This must be completed and sent to your agency within 24 hours.
Contact our 24/24 assistance team. You'll find the telephone number on the keys of your rental car.
Your insurance will not cover you for driving in every country. Before hiring a vehicle, please refer to article 1 of the General terms and conditions of rental.
- compulsory Civil Liability cover for damage caused to third parties
- damage (CDW) and theft (TW), which reduces your liability to the amount of the excess.
In case of damage, the following are not included:
- use of vehicle by a person not designated in the contract
- use of vehicle in a country not authorised by Europcar or the insurance company
- glass breakage and tyres: puncture, broken windscreen, windows, driving mirror, front and rear headlights (unless this option is covered specifically)
- misjudgement of vehicle's load capacity: impacts to upper body, rocker panel areas and underbody
- fuel type error
- use of trailer with an unauthorized gross vehicle weight
- use for the transportation of paying passengers, auto races, transportation of hazardous materials or driving under the influence of alcohol, or of substances likely to impair the reflexes necessary for driving
- failure to submit the Car accident report form within 48 hours following the accident.
In case of theft, the following are not covered:
-Complaint deposition out of delay or non given.
-Europcar keys unreturned (excepted in case of burglary or aggression)
The excess depends of the véhicle hired. You can see the amount on the QUOTE page.
You have two options to reduce or cancel the excess :
- The Medium Pack « Excess reduction» reduces significantly the excess (ex : 220 € instead of 850 € for an economy car 3 doors).
- The Total Pack « Zero Excess » is only proposed for some cars and moving vans. You need to be 26 years old at least to subscribe it.
These two options also include the insurance « Driver and People on board » and « Glass breakage and tyres ». You can take them at the booking (page QUOTE) or directly at the departure.
See the details of the excess'
Thanks to the engagement Vehicule Ideal, you get special rates all year long on all the range of Europcar Atlantique's vehicles. You save up to 50% compared to the usual prices.
This offer is available from 25 rental days a year.
See the website Vehicule Ideal.
With our loyalty program, get 5% off from the second rental and get your seventh rental free !
The loyalty card is free and can be shared with your friends.
Ask for it at your agency.
More informations about the loyalty program.
Actually, the minimum amount invoiced is for one day.
Nevertheless, there is a specific 4-hours rate for all our moving vans from 32€, insurances and 50 kms included. Those prices are available during the week (from monday 8am to friday 12am).
See all moving good deals
In Nantes, you can also rent a car for 5€ an hour with our car-sharing partner marguerite